Plant Hemp Vegan Snacks + Oil

Plant Hemp
One of the best things about blogging, besides meeting lovely bloggers and PRs and being part of such a supportive online community, is being able to try out new products and brands that I might not have come across if I hadn't been blogging.

Plant Hemp produce a range of hemp based products, grown in Canada. I was very kindly sent a couple of products to try. I haven't tried anything containing hemp before so I didn't know what to expect - I remember a couple of seasons of Bake Off ago, one of the contestants used hemp oil to make flapjack/breakfast bars, I think

I have the *Plant Hemp Super Minis Forbidden Fruit which are natural, suitable for vegans and gluten free. They come in little squares, two of which contain 110 calories, 4g protein and magnesium, manganese and iron. The bars are quite hard, I would definitely prefer them if they were softer but they do taste great - they have a nutty/seed and earthy taste. I've been having them as a snack with a cup of herbal tea. Overall rating: ★★★★☆, 4/5.

I also have the *Plant Hemp Oil which is a great source of omega 3 and 6; it is suitable for vegans, it is raw and it is non-GMO verified. There are so many brands of hemp oil online as well as SO many articles about it so it can be a little overwhelming. I have only used it a few times so far mainly as part of a very simple lemon salad dressing and it works well but I really need to try other recipes. It has a nutty/seed and earthy flavour so I think it would be great for upcoming autumnal recipes. There's a recipe on the Plant Hemp website for avocado hemp oil dressing which I need to try as I LOVE avocados. Overall rating: ★★★☆, 3/5.

Overall, I'm happy with both products, more so the super mini snacks but if these aren't your thing, they do have lots of other products including maple cinnamon superfood which can be added to smoothies. These products aren't going to be for everyone but I'd definitely recommend them if you are looking to try some hemp products but don't know where to start.

Have you tried any hemp products?

No comments