Review: Cicioni Almond + Cashew Vegan Cheese

I have been on and off vegan for the past four or so years and one thing that I struggle to find is vegan cheese, especially when I initially looked into vegan products but thankfully there are so many now. I am so happy that veganism and more vegan options are becoming mainstream with lots of new products on supermarket shelves!

*Cicioni Vegan Cheese (£8.49, 160g) ★★★☆☆, 3/5
I've tried a few vegan cheese options from various brands and they can be a little hit or miss for me personally but it comes down to personal taste. My favourite vegan cheese, dips and sauces are from Follow Your Heart but sadly their products aren't widely available in the UK (hopefully they will be in the future). However, one new vegan cheese alternative that has come on the market sounded very promising.
Cicioni have create a cashew and almond based cheese alternative that is organic, suitable for vegans and is lactose, gluten and dairy free. It is also free from additives, sugar and preservatives. Additionally, it is made using only four ingredients! I love the packaging and the ethos of the brand as well as the minimal ingredients.

The 'cheese' is sold as a block which has a very unusual texture - when it is cut, it does hold it's shape but can easily crumble. It is unlike any vegan cheese alternative I've tried which at first I really wasn't sure if I liked but it is definitely better when used as part of a dish rather than on it's own or as I've used it above. I think, for me, the best way to use it is by crumbling a little onto salad as on it's own, it's a bit too much. Overall, if you're interested in it then give it a go - it's currently on sale on Ocado.

Will you give it a go? Have you tried any vegan cheese or cheese alternatives? 

No comments