Lifeway Kefir Smoothies

I have been a vegetarian since I was 11 years old which admittedly is very young but I'm still very glad that I made that decision and have stuck by it for over half of my life. I have steadily been transitioning to a more vegan diet over the past four or so years and it has been very easy; however I do still have dairy on occasion but compared to how much I was consuming, it's very little.

*Lifeway Kefir Cultured Milk Smoothies 
I was excited to try these milk smoothies from Lifeway as there is one thing I 'miss' is tangy yoghurt on a more dairy free diet. The dairy free yoghurts I've tried haven't been great but hopefully I'll find one I like! These milk smoothies were very kindly sent to me in the flavours: mango, strawberry, original and blueberry. I like the packaging and the size is great as it isn't too big - I always end up wasting larger bottles of smoothie as I can never drink it all.

I haven't tried anything like this for a long time, not because of my diet but because it was just something I never thought to buy. Kefir is a live and cultured dairy drink that has a characteristic tangy taste - it originated 2,000 years ago! These smoothies are suitable for vegetarians.
I have four of the flavours and the original smoothie drink is my least favourite sadly but that's not to say you won't like it and I think it would be great to add to other breakfast items; for example if you are making a smoothie bowl and need a liquid to blend with fruit. The taste of all of the flavours, especially the original is very tangy and almost like a mix between a thick milk drink and tangy yoghurt.

I also received the mango, strawberry and blueberry flavours, the latter again wasn't a favourite of mine but I'm not a fan of blueberry flavoured products. However, the strawberry and mango were definitely my favourites of the four. I love the sweet fruit and the very tangy yoghurt smoothie drinks. I'm not sure 'smoothie' is the right term as to me it is more of a fruity yoghurt drink but I do like the strawberry and mango flavours - I'd definitely recommend them! I think they'd be ideal picnic or lunch box options too, as they're small bottles, healthy and low fat.

Will you be trying these smoothies? Have you tried Kefir?

No comments