Maple Water?

Maple Water?
We all know how great water is for us, not just as a necessity but when drinking the right amount or more it can help your skin and general health. Coconut water was a massive thing last year but maybe a new drink will take it's place this year...maple water, yes, maple water.

I was kindly sent a range of sizes of the *Drink Maple Pure Maple Water which comes in 250ml cartons, 355ml bottles and 946ml cartons. For every bottle sold they will provide 200 gallons of clean drinking water to a country in need which is amazing!

Maple water contains less sugar than coconut water, it contains more manganese than a cup of kale (wow!), it contains antioxidants, probiotics and minerals and it also contains natural electrolytes as coconut water does. It is gluten free, dairy free (obviously...?) and it's suitable for vegans. There are 33.5 calories per 100ml, 0.6mg of manganese, 25mg of calcium and 26mg of potassium. It's also certified organic and non-GMO.

Now all of the statistics are out of the way; firstly, I like the packaging, it's simple and clean. I wasn't sure how I would feel about this drink - I adore maple syrup (if you haven't tried maple syrup in porridge or added to vegetables before you roast them then you're missing out!). The packaging says that it is naturally sweet and refreshing and I can definitely agree with that but it won't be for everyone though!

It is refreshing and perfect for spring/summer and it is sweet enough to be delicious but not so sweet than it is too much. I don't know how to describe the taste, it definitely isn't like what I thought it would be as I was probably just expecting a pure, super sweet or rich maple syrup flavour but it is so light and 'green' tasting, if that even makes sense! I really wasn't sure about this drink at first, as it is quite unusual but the more I drink it, the more I like it. It's definitely one to try. Overall rating: ★★★★☆, 4/5.

Have you tried maple water? 

1 comment

  1. I've heard about maple water before but I've never tried it as I just can't imagine what it would taste like. I absolutely love coconut water and I think it will take a lot for maple water to beat it.

    www.linderella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete