Lighter Life Fast 5:2 Snacks + Meal Replacements


I was kindly sent a range of the Lighter Life Fast products which are exclusive to Superdrug. It is a weight loss food range whereby you eat the Lighter Life fast meals and snacks for 2 days a week and the other 5 days you eat normally. All of the Lighter Life Fast meals and snacks contain so many vitamins and minerals and they are good sources of protein and fibre. Everything listed here is suitable for vegetarians. 

*Lighter Life Fast 5:2 Chocolate Peanut Meal Replacement Bar (£1.66, offer): I personally wouldn't use these bars as a 'meal replacement' but as a filling snack. This bar has 214 calories, it is high in fibre and protein and it  contains so many added vitamins/minerals such as Vitamin A, Iron, Calcium, Copper, Folic Acid and many more! I really like this bar, I would definitely purchase it, it reminds me of cereal bars I had all of the time throughout secondary school. This bar is definitely my favourite from the range!  Overall rating: ★★★★★, 5/5.

*Lighter Life Fast 5:2 Chocolate Hazelnut Meal Replacement Bar (£1.66, offer): This is the bar I though I would like the most as I love anything that contains hazelnuts *nutella for example, drools*. However this was my least favourite; it tastes nice but it is really quite chewy which I'm personally not a fan of. This bar does contain less calories than the previous bar but it's not one I would purchase. I find all of the 'meal replacement' bars to be very filling, for me personally, so I haven't been reaching for other snacks. Overall rating: ★★★☆☆, 3/5.

*Lighter Life Fast 5:2 Nut Fudge Bars (£8.99, pack of 4): I personally love these 'bar' style snacks, I find them so handy, especially on the go! The bars come in a pack of four and each one has 175 calories and as with the 'meal replacement' bars they contain a high amount of protein and fibre. The bars also contain such a massive amount of added vitamins and minerals from Zinc, Copper and Iron to Niacin, Vitamin A and Riboflavin so your getting almost half of your recommend daily intake for some of these vitamins/minerals with one bar. The nut fudge flavour bars look and taste similar to the Chocolate Hazelnut Meal Replacement bars which I'm not a fan of but these do contain peanuts. Overall rating: ★★★☆☆, 3/5.

*Lighter Life Fast 5:2 Nutritious Cranberry & Raspberry Flavour Bars (£8.99, pack of 4): Each bar contains 171 calories and they are high in fibre, protein and vitamins/minerals. To me, these are overly sweet and artificially flavoured. These are definitely my least favour from the range but if you do like sweet and or berry flavoured foods then these are worth a try but they are personally not for me. Overall rating: ★★☆☆☆, 2/5.

*Lighter life Fast Chocolate Raisin Meal Replacement Bar (£1.66, offer): Now, I'm not a fan of raisins at all so I know I wouldn't like this as much as others but it isn't too bad actually. It's similar in appearance to my favourite item from the range - the chocolate and peanut bar. I do like the bar on the whole but the raisins aren't my cup of tea; although if you do then this is definitely for you! Overall rating: ★★★☆☆, 3/5.

*Lighter Life Fast Cantonese Black Beans With Rice Flavour Pot (£1.99, offer): I have to admit, this snack doesn't look very appetising! However when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and also how filling it is. It is really nice actually, it contains so many vitamins/minerals as well as a high fibre and protein content. I haven't tried anything like this before so I didn't know what to expect and to be honest the texture is a little strange, especially if your not used to soya protein, but it is tasty and filling With 200 calories per meal, it is pretty good although I personally wouldn't intentionally use it as a meal replacement, it would be great if you did want to, in my opinion. Overall rating: ★★★★☆, 4/5. 

*Lighter Life Fast Mexican Chilli Ranchera With Rice Flavour Pot (£1.99, offer): My sister tried this one and she loved it - she said it doesn't taste artificial as some pot or sachet snacks can be band it was flavourful and not spicy per say but tasty. She also said that it it was filling and would be great as a meal; also she would buy it if it was on offer as it is now at Superdrug. Overall rating: ★★★★★, 5/5!

*Lighter Life Fast Nutritious Spaghetti Bolognese Flavour Meals (£8.49, pack of 4): The 'meals' come in single sachets and all you have to do is add water and heat up in the microwave or in a saucepan. The spaghetti is included in the sachets, I thought it was just the sauce mix but it is a whole meal. Each meal contains 28 vitamins/minerals and are high in fibre/protein. It is super easy and quick to make and even though it doesn't look very appetising to eat, it is actually really yummy. The vegetable protein blend looks like meat and the meal is quite filling. I would definitely recommend these 'meals'. 

*Lighter Life Fast Chocolate Decadence Shake (£1.66, offer): 'Shakes' are what I typically associate with 'diet' food and to be honest I haven't ever tried one and I also don't like regular milkshakes. This drink again, as with all Lighter Life Fast products, is a good source of vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre. The drink has a hot chocolate type of smell which I wasn't expecting and it actually tastes like 'proper' chocolate although it can sometimes be a little powdery. It's a little thick but it would be great as a healthy alternative to other more fatty and processed chocolate snacks. Overall rating: ★★★★☆, 4/5. 

Overall, I'm very pleasantly surprised by this range, I expected it to be quite artificial tasting and not as nice as more 'fatty' alternatives but I was wrong. Yes, there are some items that weren't my cup of tea personally but there are other items that I would definitely buy in the future such as the chocolate peanut bar, the flavour pots and definitely the spaghetti bolognese meal - I will be looking out for them in my local Superdrug, especially if they are on offer as some of the items are now!

In terms of the 'meal replacement' aspect of these products, I could definitely see the flavour pots and spaghetti bolognese meals as a fantastic, nutritious 'meal replacement' opinion in the short term however I wouldn't personally use the bars as a 'meal replacement' especially in the long term. Out of all the diets and weight loss systems I've heard of, this one seems to be the most intelligent if that makes sense as it is all about calorie control without sacrificing essential nutrition and the 'fast' days were you just eat the Lighter Life Fast products are only 2 days per week. 


Have you tried anything from the Lighter Life Fast range? If so what did you think? Would you buy any of these 'weight loss' or 'meal replacement' items?

*Don't forget to enter my Yogi Tea giveaway*

No comments