Chins Kitchen: Nankhatai

Chins Kitchen: Nankhatai
If you didn't know already, I love snacks and like most people I am pretty partial to a sweet snack, especially after my main meal of the day - a habit I have received from a friend of mine! I love the gingerbread biscuits I make but they can be a little time consuming so a quick option is always a good idea.

I was very kindly sent two sets of Nankhatai which are indian inspired shortbread! I've only tried regular, plain shortbread so haven't tried anything like this before. Chins Kitchen make indian inspired sweet treats and cakes which are all handmade, so they are extra special.

- *Chins Kitchen Nankhatai Chai Spice: I love chai spice drinks but I haven't ever tried it in food form so I was excited to give this one a go. I love the way they are packaged, it is so cute and professional but still has a handmade and authentic feel. The chai spice shortbread are in circular shapes rather than the traditional rectangular shapes. They are so buttery, crumbly and melt in the mouth. The chai spice flavour is subtle but still noticeable and it makes a lovely change to traditional shortbread - I love it!

Chins Kitchen: Nankhatai

- *Chins Kitchen Nankhatai Almond and Cranberry Shortbread: Again, I love the packaging of this set, it would make a unique and cute gift or addition to a hamper. The almond flavour does come though nicely and thankfully for me (as I'm not a fan of cranberries), the fruity cranberry flavour isn't as predominant. There is also a gorgeous cardamon/spice to them which I love and again they are are so buttery and yummy!

Overall, I'm really impressed, not only with the delivery, presentation and packaging but they both taste so yummy, especially the chai spice flavour. It is a nice and welcome change to the plain, traditional english shortbread biscuits. Overall rating: ★★★★★, 5/5.

Have you tried indian inspired shortbread? Have you tried anything from Chins Kitchen? 

No comments